Hi Scott,

Many controllers have pullup resistors on their COR inputs so that they can be
driven from open collector or relay contact COR outputs. With that arrangement,
if the controller is configured for active high and the COR line is
disconnected, the controller will think the receiver is active.

The best arrangement is the one that works for you. There aren't any standards
-- except perhaps in industrial control, where there are fewer active low
circuits due to the possibility of activating a circuit due to a pinched wire.

73,

Bob

Bob Schmid, WA9FBO, Member
S-COM, LLC