From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of kq7dx
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 5:39 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] MOVs for power supply primary

Hello to group,
Is putting an MOV from hot to ground, neutral to ground, on the primary of
the transformer of the power supply a good idea?
I have a ICE surge suppressor on in front as well but thought I would put
more inside the supply for back up.

Also, are the MOVs that radio shack sell any good?  Rated at 130VAC. Any
body used them?

Last question: when MOVs fail or take a surge do they fail in a shorted
condition taking out the fuse till the MOV can be replaced, or do they blow
or fail open leaving the supply working?

Thanks for the help..
73s