Tim,
I am not sure or do not remember what you have for a voter, but I have used the
Doug Hall voters in a COR mode with very good results.

I know there are some pretty good articles on adapting the Motorola Micor
series of voters from tone to COR. This is one of the projects on my to-do
list. Have all of the necessary parts, just need some time.

Microwave or something keyed up 24-7 as you mentioned is the best, but don't
discount using the COR method as it does work very well.

The best results will be obtained using radios from the same series throughout
the system. This will make it much easier to balance and equalize the audio
response curve and levels.

The Doug Hall voter does require discriminator audio from the receivers.

We have used the Doug Hall voters with both Arcom RC-210 and Link-Comm RLC-1
external controllers with very good results.

Good Luck,
Joe - WA7JAW