> What is a good radio for building a one way 420 link? The
> link will be for a remote receiver and will not need to be
> duplex... RX at the voter and TX at the remote receiver. The
> link RX has to live on a noisy hill. Thanks for your advice.

My preferences, in no particular order, would be Micor/SpectraTAC (low
split), Mastr II ("77" split), and Delta-S (low-split).  MVP/Exec II (again,
"77" split) would be fine too.  All have excellent front ends.  They can be
found if you look a bit, especially check Canadian sources; they're not as
easy to find stateside as 450-470 radios, but they're not unobtainium
either.

                                --- Jeff WN3A