Why has no one suggested replacing the guts of this beast with a Mitrek PA?

radi...@aol.com wrote:
Sucess!
I completely cleaned and re tinned my Weller 8100 tip, added some solder, and got heat transfer to pop it up. I was not aware of the fish paper that the wires came thru. Now to troubleshoot the amp. It probably has some blown transistors as well as the cooked caps and 12 ohm resistors across some of the finals. We do have a Motorola test set, I have done component level work in the past, but this is out of my league. Kevin, I may take you up on your offer for further help.
Thanks to all who responded.
73, Marty