Did you read the source-link?

It's legitimate, that a baseband chipset vulnerability (hardware) could, (as it is in this case) be exploitable without the notice of Android (software). In other words, the baseband runs and is in this case independent from the Android version. So I personally don't expect an Android fix for that; instead Samsung have to fix their baseband, that the firmware can't be, (invisible for the end user) replaced with an malicious one.

But the two security researchers, (from your twitter link and my source link) say, that they found the vulnerability in the "Shannon" baseband chipset line - so like I said: "just modern Samsung devices (like S6, S6 Edge and Note 4) are affected".

For example, the Samsung Galaxy S2 seems to use an "(Infineon) X-Gold 626 [labelled: PMB9811] Baseband", (which is also available under following alternative names: Infineon IFX6260, Intel IMC6260, Intel XMM626).
Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1483053

The Samsung Galaxy S3 seems to use an "(Intel Wireless) [labelled: PMB9811X] Gold Baseband", source: https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsung+Galaxy+S+III+Teardown/9391

For now, IMHO explicit this attack, (which I think that was your question) doesn't affect any Replicant compatible device.

Cheers!