> I have a fairly old phone still in use, a Motorola Moto G (2nd gen.).
> Its Android version is 6. With this model, will I be able to install
> Replicant?

Sorry, Replicant only supports a very limited list of devices:
https://www.replicant.us/supported-devices.php

Perhaps you'll be able to find a LineageOS build for it which would
still be better than stock Android (although it would still contain some
nonfree stuff)

> Any facts about rooting it or not? I never done such thing.

I did long ago but with another phone, so the procedure was most likely
different. Your best bet is to look for a guide on the internet.

> If not, I will be happy enough to develop and run Replicant apps. They
> are developed with a FOSS dev. environment, right?

Yes[1], good luck :)

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/AndroidTools