Hi,

Which of the first-gen Galaxy S modems are you referring to?  Based on
the mention of SGH-T959P, I think you're talking about the STE M5730, and not
the XMM6160 found in the way more common i9000 (the SGH-T959P is a Canadian
variant supporting HSPA+, and is very similar to the American SGH-T959V).

In any event, yes, I have been able to power up the M5730 modems with the
modified libsamsung-ipc and mainline-based kernels.  I've had two separate
mainline-based drivers that worked on it, one based on the crespo driver [1]
and another based on the crespo driver and the sipc interface created for
the i9300.  I've also had an Android version working at some point, both with
the stock driver as well as a crespo-based driver.  Note that it requires the
RFS
loop to be setup and functional with the various reading messages to work.

For mainline-based i9000/XMM6160, Ibelieve that I ended up having both work,
but I'm not 100%.  I think I had to use the modem.bin from crespo for the i9000
to boot up properly, or else the workaround at [3] also needed to be enabled for
the XMM6160.

Hopefully this helps,
Jonathan

[1]