On Fri, 27 Aug 2021 15:22:30 -0400
"A. F. Cano via Replicant" <replicant@osuosl.org> wrote:
> Does anyone have any shortcuts? already written code to do this? or
> an app that actually works?
F-droid has also an "archive" repository with older applications that
are not anymore in f-droid. Note that we didn't finish yet the review
of any applications in f-droid repositories or of the f-droid
client[1].

> Does anyone know what else needs to be done? or is there a simple way
> to move text messages and call logs from one phone to another?
> Without google of course, the whole point of this is to avoid google.
I've already managed to do something like that between two phones that
ran Replicant 6.0 and/or the same phone with two Replicant 6.0 releases
made by different people (so with the applications being signed with
different keys). Though I don't remember the exact details of what I
managed to do and when.

In any case both systems ran Replicant 6.0 and I had root access
and root in the recovery in both systems, so I don't know how much the
information for doing that would apply to your case and what
requirement you are able to lift (if you manage to get root everywhere
that might help).

We have several wiki articles that are scattered around about this
topic, some of which need help:
- AndroidSystemKeyMigration[2] is about application signing keys and
  access to applications data within the Android security system.
- DataPartition[3] is about the Data Partition.
- BackupTheDataPartition[4] is about backuping the Data partition.
- RestoreApplicationInternalData[5] is about restoring the data of an
  application.

The last one may be able to help you here, and the other ones could
help understanding better the context or making a backup of the data
partition to more easily work on it.

As for restoring data to non-rooted phones, it might be possible to
(ab)use backup permissions and/or (ab)use adb backup to do that once
you managed to backup application data in this way. We didn't have the
time to investigate these, but we would be interested in knowing more
and/or getting some contributions to the wiki about that.

PS: If you want to contribute information on the wiki (that would be
    super useful) you need to first create an account on it and then ask
    us (in this mailing list or on IRC for instance) to grant wiki
    editions permissions to your account.