Hi Augustine,
I encountered some difficulties converting MMS from iOS to replicant so I wrote
a few things on this topic here :
https://redmine.replicant.us/boards/9/topics/14315
It's slightly different but perhaps it can give you a few hints for your issue.
I remember writing some docs about DB columns meaning but sadly, I did not
found it yet. I'll let you know if I find it again.

Please note that this doc is about replicant 4 and MMS db was then at about v40
so it has probably evolved since then.

Here are also a few requests:
# look at name :

SELECT view_contacts.display_name, view_contacts._id, view_raw_entities.data1
FROM view_contacts, view_raw_entities WHERE display_name LIKE '%NAME%' AND
view_contacts._id = view_raw_entities.contact_id

# look at phone number :

SELECT view_contacts.display_name, view_contacts._id, view_raw_entities.data1
FROM view_contacts, view_raw_entities WHERE view_raw_entities.data1 LIKE
'%N%U%M%B%ER%' AND view_contacts._id = view_raw_entities.contact_id

# look at a sms from a phone number :

SELECT view_contacts.display_name, view_contacts._id, view_raw_entities.data1
FROM view_contacts, view_raw_entities WHERE view_raw_entities.data1 LIKE
'%N%U%M%B%ER%' AND view_contacts._id = view_raw_entities.contact_id

Hoping this can help,

- Fil Lupin.