Hello,

I've been a Replicant user for a long time now on my i9300 (in use as a
daily driver), but for various reasons I've been sticking with
replicant-4.2 because when I tried replicant-6.0 a while back I found it to
be slower to use. Of course, this has led to all manner of issues - not
least that I now can't access most TLS sites because my (pre-built) version
of replicant-4.2 doesn't support TLS v1.3. Finally, the time has come for
me to update.

My use case for Replicant is that of privacy. I distrust binary blobs in
the firmware used on my phone and most of the apps on my phone are F/OSS.
(I do still have some non-F/OSS apps, but not many. I do not use Google
apps on my phone and refuse to install Google Play services.)

(Yes, I realise the irony/hypocrisy about how I distrust binary blobs in
the firmware on my phone and yet I'm using a pre-built version of
Replicant. I'd like to be able to compile my own version of Replicant in
the future but so far haven't been able to look deeply into it. This will
probably change from now.)

The phone itself has also been through a lot, and I'd like to get a
replacement/new device. With that in mind, I'd like to ask a few questions:

1. What is the best phone that can run Replicant right now? Is it still the
i9300?

2. I'm aware that there is work on getting the Lima graphics driver working
in the dev versions of Replicant, which as I understand it would speed up
graphics on the i9300 considerably. Is there an estimate for when this
might appear in a maintained version of Replicant?

3. Talking of maintained vs. dev versions... as I said, I use my phone as a
daily driver and this would be my only phone. With that in mind, I'm
assuming it would be wise to only stick to maintained versions of Replicant
rather than trying dev versions. Is this correct or am I making assumptions
that are not necessarily true?

Thank you!

 - Sophie.