Hello all, hello Sophie,

unfortunately I can't answer your real questions, but only advocate that these
are very valid questions and that my use case is similar, though I am using
Replicant v6.3 for a long time now. And, yes, it's damn slow :(

A few month ago my provider switched off UMTS (3G), (all other providers will
do or had done it as well) hence with the good old i9300 I am back to Edge (2G).
A slow internet connection is not nice, but the worst thing is that it does not
work reliable – at least in Germany these days.
I am not sure how this is played in other countries, but afaik it will happen
there as well (with the exception of Switzerland).

Anyway, I am eagerly waiting for the i9305 port beeing ready for daily (beta)
use, but there seems to be very slow progress regarding the modem unfortunately
:(

Regards,
doak