Hi Jack,

Sorry I did not respond sooner. I have an intermittent
internet connection.

It will [therefore] be difficult for me to arrange a specific time to
chat via IRC.

To summarise, what I have tried re postmarketos is:

Installing the following packages ...

firmware-samsung-midas, modem-qcom-msm-mainline-common, msm-modem,
msm-firmware-loader, soc-samsung-exynos4412, linux-postmarketos-exynos4

And trying scintill's kernel from replicant contrib git with
postmarketos. I used abootimg to repack the kernel in the boot.img
which I flashed using heimdall

I couldn't, however, get the modem working with postmarketos.

Most of what I do isn't very novel, it's [mostly] just testing other
people's work for reproducibility ... I managed to get SMS and LTE
internet working (minus audio in voice calls) on the i9305 by compiling
scintill's fork of replicant 6, but didn't have any success with pmos.

That fork, in contrib, uses ofono. For practical reasons because of
generic diallers, messaging apps, etc. I feel ofono is probably the
preferred route.

If you manage to get it working w/ postmarket, I'd be interested to hear
about it. For myself, I've hit a bit of a dead end regarding the i9305.

If you have any other queries about what I've tried with the device, or
any other aspect of my work, feel free to email me and I'll try to
respond in time.

All the best,

Josh