On Mon, 15 Apr 2024 21:46:19 -0700 Aaron wrote:
> I'm not sure you understand my point. GitLab does the Cloudflare
> "authentication" when someone visits a public listing of a project with
> no logging in at all.

i was not aware of that - the last time we discussed gitlab, cloudfare was only
involved during the login process - still i think that is more of a privacy or
discrimination concern, regarding your choice of web browser

im quite sure that one can download the source code via the git program without
authentication or a third-party mediator, or download source-balls with curl,
wget, etc - so arguably, that hurdle imposes no loss of freedom - its just
kinda ... icky