Chris McDonough <chr...@plope.com> added the comment:

I believe this.

On the other hand, I'm not sure that a 'charset' setting dedicated "to
repoze.who" or "to
repoze.what" is really sufficient.  Who will set the charset?  What will it be
set to?  What does it
mean to individual plugins?  What would they need to do to "comply with the
charset"?    What
does "holistically support" mean?  This is a bit of a minefield.

There is a fundamental lack of support at very basic levels for charset
support.  Even HTML
form posts don't send along the charset of the posted data: it's presumed that
the POST data
will be in the charset of the HTML page which contained the rendered form.  If
your form
handler doesn't know what that charset is, you're out of luck.  So I'm not sure
WSGI can really
do much here in general.

In short: what would you change, concretely to make this any better?