Hi

It seems the big difference between zope2 and bfg acls is the lack of roles.

bfg acls  map permissions directly to principals, and doesn't appear
to have the concept of a
role.

The local roles in zope is a extension of system wide roles where
additional roles are defined for a principal based on the context.

Owner in plone is a role assigned to a principal, and permissions are
bound to roles.

A user can get a specific role in a particular context, effectively
decoupling the declaration of permissions from
principals.