Hi everyone, I remember asking this a while back and at that point there was
no easy solution but it seems like BFG has many new features since then.

Is there a straightforward way to get at registry populated on startup, from
python code?

For example, I hoped this would work, but it does not:

gsm = getGlobalSiteManager()

(obi-wan waves hand) these aren't the registries you're looking for....

Previously I had manually populated a mirroring registry from the same
configure.zcml file. Chris commented that it was a smelly, but functional
solution, as long as no code is actually programmatically *making* new
registrations. Any pointers much appreciated, 'cause I sure do like using
those adapters and utilities.

Thanks!
Iain