We (Tadpole) have a driver (vuidsyn) which adds support for the
synaptics track pad found on various Tadpole hardware (including the Sun
branded Ultra 3).

I'd like to add our vuidsyn driver into Nevada, along with code in
mouse8042 to create a minor node so that vuidsyn will be plumbed by dacf
instead of vuid3ps2 when a synaptics pad is detected.

I have not filed a bug for this yet.

I am told that there may be a synaptics driver in casper's frkit.  If
so, I've not checked it out yet.  Our driver just behaves as a vuid
module.  (Casper, can you comment on this?)

We also have a very nice Tcl/Tk configuration and test UI, that could be
integrated along with this.

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191