Rick Mann wrote:
> Hmm, I can't seem to post longer email to the list. Here's a link to my last
> post:
>
> http://pastie.org/private/2c4lrjuj4oybdtzmj4gbzw

Thanks. There is a size limit for the list.

That trace looks normal, assuming the *.216 and *.217 are your two HTTP
ports. I assume that's the connection-refused state?  Each one has
several threads in the nativeAccept() state. The situation that would be
a problem is if there are no threads for the port waiting in accept().

When you're in a connection-refused, can you try both addresses, just to
make sure? (It's possible, too, that netstat might show something in
that state.)

The JNI is used in Resin-OS for ports/sockets because we needed the JNI
capability to handle the setuid (and we decided setuid really should be
in Resin-OS.)

And it may be better to set the <thread-idle-max> for your older OS to
something smaller, like 10 or 15, because that OS may not be as good
with lots of threads.

-- Sctt

> On Mar 18, 2010, at 15:33:08, Rick Mann wrote:
>

>> I replied with the thread dump, but don't see it appearing in the list.
>> Seems like the list server is flaky.

>>> "finer" logging might show the issue, but there's a good chance it's
>>> related to the connection issue.

>>> Thanks. Refusing connections is a more helpful description.
>>>
>>> If possible, can you get a thread dump in that situation? There are a
>>> couple of possible scenarios:
>>>
>>> 1. After a while, Resin no longer has a thread listening for an
>>> accept(). (for example, if it doesn't properly spawn a new thread.)