Matthias (OP) modestly sent me this off list. It is essentially exactly
what I envisioned:

http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs-cors.html

I talked to my team about implementing this kind of thing for our API
several weeks ago but we got into a chicken-and-egg game with annotation
processing and just used an interceptor to do it instead. Only change
I'd do is call the annotation @CrossOrigin because it reads better (IMO,
no real strong feelings though).

This could eventually go into JAX-RS I think.