The RESTEasy documentation specifically says (section 48.3):

"Finally, if your javax.ws.rs.client.Client class has created the engine
automatically for you, you should call Client.close() and this will
clean up any socket connections."

Yet the overwhelming majority of examples I can find, including those
shipped with RESTEasy, do not explicitly invoke Client.close().  Is this
because resource cleanup will eventually be done automatically during
garbage collection?

We are using the ResteasyClient proxy approach, but that class extends
Client, so I'm assuming the same discussion holds for the proxy.

Thanks.

--
Guy Rouillier

---