Dean Brissinger writes:

>On a side note, does Retrospect check for identical files
>between backup clients?  I have 30 macs with identical system
>folders.  I really only need to backup those system files once.  If
>retrospect was so smart, I could do full backups site wide and get
>most efficient coverage with minimal tape space.  I note it tends to
>backup more than it needs to because of volume name, time stamp, etc.

Alas, there are files that change their time stamp any time they are
accessed. Retrospect has no choice but to back them up unless you use an
exclude filter.

Dan Knight, information systems manager       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Baker Book House Company                 <http://www.bakerbooks.com>
6030 East Fulton                                   616-676-9185 x146
Ada, Michigan 49301                                 fax 616-676-9573

 - Macintosh: Love bug resistant, always Y2K ready