What exactly is the purpose of verifying media after copying it?

How often is a file copied incorrect? It would be like copying 5 files over
the network but only four is correct copied and can be used...

Also, that means one have to check the entire log after every single backup
and recopy bad files and seriously, how many of you folks out there really
take the time to do so?

My guess is that one file out of 10 billion, 10.000.000.000, is incorrect
copied and I'm ain't gonna take the time to look for that file...

I can see the point in verifying media but still, I see no point in
veifying media...

---

Vive la France! - Happy holiday!

/ jakob