>Applescript to open file as mounted hard drive before backup (problem here
>is the shutdown at night - assuming I could figure out how to write the
>applescript - would this actually work? I am not sure)

I have an Applescript that opens the C Drive as a mounted volume. The
script then pulls certain known files out for copying to Zip. This is
not really a Retro related answer. Just to let you know that you can
do what you suggest with an Applescript. Whether Retro properly looks
on that mounted PC volume and does incremental backups according to
its usual rules is something I do not know.

Stefan Jeglinski