>  >Secondly, I'm looking to buy a Mac-compatible CD-RW drive for use
>with Retrospect 4.3. I've looked at the hardware compatibility list,
>but the problem I'm having is that a lot of these drives have been
>superceded by newer models.
>>
>>So, can anyone recommend a recently purchased Mac-compatible
>>external CD-RW drive which has a SCSI-1 connection?
>
>I've recently been through this (in the UK) with no success.
>Retrospect requires packet-writing capability and most
>Mac-compatible drives don't support it.
>
>La Cie used to make a drive that does this, and it is listed in the
>compatibility chart, but they have since changed the drive mechanism
>supplier and it is no longer compatible.
>
>Please post back to the list if you succeed in finding something
>that works, especially if it is a USB drive.

Thanks Nicholas,

That's not very encouraging news. We are currently using a TEAC
CD-R58S drive with our Macs, but there is a problem with them where
backup disks are corrupted if the data backed up in one session
exceeds 600MB.

I shall continue my search, and if I find anything suitable I'll report back.

Keith