Just a thought, when does it get time to copy to tape, this seems
good in theory but I guess it could only be efficient if you can run
multiple backup sessions in parallel. I'm not sure about the problem
with speed, I think tape drives can keep up with network speeds
though I can't tell you that for certain.

I do like the idea of the hard drive taking over as a fail over, "the
backup must go on".

Thanks for this idea. I did try something like this for Internet
backups and put to tape till the files got corrupted and I had to
scrap the whole idea.

Lets see what dantz thinks.

Michael