At 10:48 05.01.01 +1100, Michael Kennard wrote:
>Just a thought, when does it get time to copy to tape, this seems good in
>theory but I guess it could only be efficient if you can run multiple
>backup sessions in parallel.

Yep. The moment you interleave backups to holding disk and dumping
(finished) backups from there to tape, you gain.

>I'm not sure about the problem with speed, I think tape drives can keep up
>with network speeds though I can't tell you that for certain.

It's the other way 'round: High end tapes (DLT, AIT) are faster than the
filesystem/network combo.

         hauke

--
Hauke Fath                        Tangro Software Components GmbH
                                         D-69115 Heidelberg