Yet another method.

I have four different backup server scripts. All of them follow these
patterns.
    1   Run from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
    2   Attempt to backup laptops daily
    3   Backs up to two file sets each (A & B), rather than tape. This is to
reduce wear and tear on any slower network connections. Two are used to
insure availability of backup data when alternate backup set is reset.
    4   On alternate bi-weekly cycles each file set is reset and backup all
members of its group.
    5   Sets are backed up to tape every three months.

These are the different scripts in use

    1   PC laptops - Script targets specific directories such as Mail,
Documents and PIM files.
    2   Mac laptops - Users assign a backup label to folders or files to
determine what to backup. I preset the  preferences, mail and browser
folders. The last label is reserved for this function.
    3   Encrypted file set - For obvious reasons such as the publisher.
    4   All Data - For systems that are so complex to setup that I don't
want to rebuild them.