On Sat, 2006-12-09 at 02:35 +0100, Dagg wrote:
> > I've been considering using a default data file, such as
> > ~/.revelation/accounts, instead of using the new/open/save behaviour we
> > have now.
> >
> > This means that when Revelation is first started, a new accounts file is
> > created if one does not exist. This file will then be automatically
> > opened the next time Revelation is run. Data will be automatically saved
> > to the file whenever a change is made or the user quits Revelation.
>
> I prefer the current system.
>
> I'm using revelation with multiples databases/files :
> - a file for my personnals passwords
> - a file for my personnals passwords related to professionnal stuff
> - a shared file for the passwords related to professionnal stuff
>
> It's easy to switch between accounts with the file menu, and it's easy
> to set a file to be automatically opened at startup.
>
> In brief, the behavior of the current version of Revelation is perfect
> for my use.

Yeah, I definitely understand the problem. But I'm not really sure how
to solve it best, I'll have to give it some thought. I think I'll be
using a single-file mode by default, and maybe include a "change
database" option to switch to a different database or something, but
always open $HOME/.revelation/passwords by default on startup. Not sure
how to best handle creating new databases though, perhaps best if users
just copy an existing one manually from $HOME/.revelation/passwords or
something, I think it's a fairly special case anyways.

I'll post some suggestions on the list once I get started working on
version 0.5.0.

--
Erik Grinaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://erikg.codepoet.no/