Easy enough, it did get Django Evolution installed even though it did error
out with the following:

No local packages or download links found for paramiko==1.7.4
error: Could not find suitable distribution for
Requirement.parse('paramiko==1.7.4')

Seems as if Ubuntu already had this installed for me so I ran

python ./contrib/internal/prepare-dev.py

...again and this time it seemed to work ok. Do I need to worry about having
a mix of Ubuntu packages and explicitly installed Python packing moving
forward?  Just trying to avoid any possible future headaches.

Also, should the docs here be updated to include the "python
./contrib/internal/prepare-dev.py" step?

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com>wrote:

> Easy_install will be your best option.
>
> Actually, what you probably should do is (assuming this is a developer
> machine) run:
>
>   sudo python setup.py develop
>
> This will automatically grab all the dependencies from the right locations
> and install them.
>
> You'll also want to then run this for your Djblets tree if you have one
> installed, otherwise changes to that tree won't show up (as we'll use the
> fetched package instead).

Tony Bibbs
Phone: (515) 554-8046
Twitter, Skype, Facebook: tonybibbs