A beta 1 to 3 upgrade should be fine. I won't release until it is.

Just to provide some detail on the problem. We use Django-Evolution
for database migrations. In beta 2, we added a new non-NULL boolean
field to a table, which Django-Evolution adds through an ALTER TABLE
followed by an UPDATE. Postgres has a problem doing this in one
transaction, and the result is the error you're seeing.

I'm trying to find a way to make this work without regressing
elsewhere. I do have a tentative fix to Django-Evolution, so if I can
be reasonably sure it's safe, I'll perform a couple new releases.

Christian