Hi,

I'm trying to map diff comment line numbers from the Web API to the files
which are submitted for review. I have access to both the 'new' and the
'old' version of the file, and to the line numbers as reported by the Web
API. After reporting
http://code.google.com/p/reviewboard/issues/detail?id=2329 I found out that
those are not line numbers - presumably because both the new and the old
file can have diff comments attached - but numbers in the diff comparison
table.

The only possibility that I see right now is to compute my own diff
comparison , following ReviewBoard rules, and then determine where these
comments are placed and in which file. That seems to be problematic, as my
target platform ( Eclipse ) does not follow the same diff rules as
ReviewBoard, which was why I found this error in the first place.

I would like to know if there is a more straightforward way to compute the
location of these diff comments relative to the new and old versions of the
file.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert