I have tried to install this release.
I had to manually installed Djblets 0.7 and then I could install by
specifying -f to easy_install.
Onc done I then did
rb-site upgrade /path/my/site

This took a while and generated the following:
Upgrading Review Board from 1.6.11 to 1.7 beta 1
There are unapplied evolutions for auth.
There are unapplied evolutions for accounts.
There are unapplied evolutions for diffviewer.
Adding baseline version for new models
Project signature has changed - an evolution is required
Installing custom SQL ...
Installing indexes ...
Installed 0 object(s) from 0 fixture(s)

Evolution successful.
Resetting in-database caches.
Upgrade complete.

The location of static media files (CSS, JavaScript, images)
has changed. You will need to make manual changes to
your web server configuration.

For Apache, you will need to add:

    Alias /static "/var/www/reviewboard-satv.tandbergtv.lan/htdocs/static"

For lighttpd, add the following to alias.url:

    "/static" => "/var/www/reviewboard-satv.tandbergtv.lan/htdocs/static"

Once you have made these changes, type the following
to resolve this:

    $ rb-site manage /var/www/reviewboard-satv.tandbergtv.lan resolve-check
static-media

I think the help could tell you which conf file to update with the Alias.
However did that and then ran the command specified.

I then restarted memcached and apache.
However I now get a splash screen that says:

*Manual server updates required
> **A recent upgrade requires manual updates to be made on this server.
> After these changes are made, you should restart your server.
> **If you have any questions or problems, please contact us on our mailing
> list.*

But I have done this:
It also says:

*Your site's extensions media directory isn't properly set up. This
> directory is where Review Board will store various extension media files.
> **Your extensions media directory is currently at:
> /var/www/reviewboard-satv.tandbergtv.lan/htdocs/media/ext
> **Permission problems
> **The directory must be writable by the web server. On Linux/Unix/Mac,
> you can fix this by typing:
> **    $ sudo chown -R www-data
> "/var/www/reviewboard-satv.tandbergtv.lan/htdocs/media/ext"
> **On Windows, right-click the data directory and change the ownership to
> www-data.*

But I have also checked this.
Have you got any logging I can try and turn on to debug further?
Finally I am also getting a lot of these when running any rb-site commands:

> */usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Django-1.4.1-py2.6.egg/django/core/cache/__init__.py:82:
>
> DeprecationWarning: settings.CACHE_* is deprecated; use settings.CACHES
> instead.
> **  DeprecationWarning*

I am running on Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit Server.

Cheers
Dan