I have the same problem
Here is my apache config
<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName review.XXXX
        DocumentRoot "/var/www/review.XXXX/htdocs"

        # Error handlers
        ErrorDocument 500 /errordocs/500.html

        WSGIPassAuthorization On
        WSGIScriptAlias "/" "/var/www/review.XXXX/htdocs/reviewboard.wsgi/"

        <Directory "/var/www/review.XXXX/htdocs">
                AllowOverride All
                Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

        Alias /media "/var/www/review.XXXX/htdocs/media"
        Alias /static "/var/www/review.XXXX/htdocs/static"
        Alias /errordocs "/var/www/review.XXXX/htdocs/errordocs"
        Alias /favicon.ico
"/var/www/review.XXXX/htdocs/media/rbcommons/images/favicon.png"
</VirtualHost>

XXXX - I just replaced our real domain name here

Any ieda what the problem ?