the server with apache and RB is runnning ubuntu, the svn server has
selinux but it has been disabled

I tried using pysvn and was prompted for a password, after which it hung
for a while then seems to have exited python (i think), should I have still
been in the python shell after executing that command?

aedwards@aedwards-vm1:~$ sudo -u www-data python
[sudo] password for aedwards:
Python 2.7.3 (default, Sep 26 2012, 21:51:14)
[GCC 4.7.2] on linux2
>>> import pysvn
>>> client = pysvn.Client()
>>> client.info2('svn+ssh://aedwa...@myserver.com/export/cvs/svn/repos')