I modified the one
in
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ReviewBoard-2.0.1-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/accounts/backend.py

Then I restarted Apache, and reloaded the page, and tried to add a user who
doesn't have an RB account.

(I see an updated pyc in that folder as well)

But I don't see anything in reviewboard.log or the apache error.log.