> why are you publishing them ad-hoc.

When I type a comment and click "Save", the "Publish" bar shows up at the
top containing the text "You have a pending review.". There's nothing to
indicate that the Publish action applies to a single comment, or multiple
comments. As a first time user I equate comment with one review. If that's
an incorrect assumption then there's another issue I could file, still
related to UI and user experience.

Regardless, I've been using Reviewboard for 4 months now and it's never
been indicated that I could submit multiple comments and Publish all of
them with a single action. My point is still valid though. A comment can be
made via AJAX, why not also Publish the review, or brace of reviews, via
AJAX as well and leave me where I'm currently at?