Repository options are configured as follows:

   - Hosting Service: None - Custom Repository
   - Repository Type: Git
   - Raw file URL
   mask: http://myserver/mygroup/myproject/raw/develop/<filename>

For our repository:

   - GitLab (7.4.3)
   - The project as a "develop" branch.
   - The project has deploy keys setup for our ReviewBoard server.

I'm not sure how this information could help (unless I'm missing
something). Just to make sure I've explained the scenario correctly:

   - I have multiple commits in a local repository that have not been
   pushed up into the repository ReviewBoard is tracking.
   - I desire to add reviews to ReviewBoard based on my local commits so
   they can be reviewed before I push it to the remote repository.

For example:
                             {ReviewBoard}
                     /\
                     \/
     {Local}      {Remote}

     Commit 3

     Commit 2
        |              Commit G
     Commit 1            /
        |               /
     Commit F      Commit F
        |             |
     Commit E      Commit E

In this example, I want to add Commit 1, 2 and 3 to ReviewBoard.

   - I can add "Commit 1" by uploading the patch to ReviewBoard.
   - I can add "Commit 2" by uploading the patch to ReviewBoard only when I
   also provide the parent patch for "Commit 1".
   - ReviewBoard understands the base of "Commit 2" since the Git full
      index chain is completed (Commit F <- Commit 1 <- Commit 2)
   - I *cannot* add "Commit 3" since by uploading the patch to ReviewBoard
   I cannot provided the parent patch of "Commit 1" and "Commit 2".
      - ReviewBoard cannot interpret the chain of commits from "Commit F"
      to "Commit 3".
         - If I upload "Commit 3" and parent "Commit 1", the missing index
         is: Commit F <- Commit 1 <- ? <- Commit 3
         - If I upload "Commit 3" and parent "Commit 2", the missing index
         is: Commit F <- ? <- Commit 2 <- Commit 3