Geoff,

On the server, TFS 2013 and newer is supported. Running the Review Board
server on Linux is fine.

One new wrinkle on the client side is that the RBTools interface won't work
with workspaces created by the new VS 2017 release, because Microsoft broke
compatibility with their own SDK (we're looking into options). If you're
using older VS releases, they should work fine.

As far as making TFS support part of the core release, it's possible that
will happen eventually but not soon. We've found that commercial version
control systems (like TFS or ClearCase) attract a lot *less* open-source
contribution than other systems, probably because very few open-source
developers use them. Right now the only way that it's commercially viable
for us to support it is to have it as part of Power Pack.

-David