Hi!

I'm looking into using ReviewBoard with Perforce, and being used to
CodeCollab I find that your product holds up surprisingly well in some
aspects, in addition to having a slicker UI.

One major useful feature in Collab however is the ability to change what
you are diffing against when viewing a file diff, namely any upload that
was done to update the review, or any committed revision of the file if it
was modified in source control since the start of the review. See
attachment for a screenshot where the file wasn't updated externally, so
only revision #3 shows. If I had to merge other people's changes, there
would be a Version #4, Version #5 and so on, which correspond to the
Perforce file revisions.

Swarm added a similar functionality in recent versions: see first
screenshot here:
https://www.perforce.com/manuals/swarm/Content/Swarm/basics.diffs.html#Viewing_a_diff
 -
it's becoming a pretty standard feature. (Direct link to screenshot:
https://www.perforce.com/manuals/swarm/Content/Resources/Images/swarm-panel-diffs.png)

I was wondering if you're planning to add this to ReviewBoard, and whether
there are major technical obstacles to implementing that. Honestly if it
did have this feature it would become a credible CodeCollab replacement in
my view, with the added benefit of being open-source.

Thanks,
Gabriel

"Review Board Community" group.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reviewboard/7dee50f3-51c5-4fe6-8176-14b1e111773b%40googlegroups.com.