Stamatis Zampetakis has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24229 )

Change subject: IMPALA-14916/IMPALA-14113: Display Calcite plan in EXPLAIN 
output
......................................................................


Patch Set 1:

(2 comments)

Thanks for taking a look Steve! Do you know who would be the right person to 
look into this for getting it merged? There hasn't been any feedback on the 
email that I send a while ago in the dev list.

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24229/1/common/thrift/Query.thrift
File common/thrift/Query.thrift:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24229/1/common/thrift/Query.thrift@822
PS1, Line 822:   202: optional bool enable_explain_calcite = false;
> I wonder how much this breaks if we set the default to true.  This doesn't
Indeed we can set the default to true without affecting much since its a NOOP 
when the Calcite planner is off.

I would prefer to keep it at all levels since when we mostly (or exclusively) 
care about the Calcite plan we will not get too much extra/redundant 
information associated with higher levels. On the other hand, if somebody does 
not need it they can easily turn it off via the option.

Anyways, I don't have strong feelings for either of the above so I am happy to 
apply any changes it it can help merge the proposed changes sooner.


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24229/1/java/calcite-planner/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/calcite/service/CalciteSingleNodePlanner.java
File 
java/calcite-planner/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/calcite/service/CalciteSingleNodePlanner.java:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24229/1/java/calcite-planner/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/calcite/service/CalciteSingleNodePlanner.java@60
PS1, Line 60:   private RelNode finalPlan;
> Nit: add _ at the end.
Will fix this once we agree on everything else so I don't update the request 
multiple times.



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24229
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: Iec51e2b4315e95020e1826acfa477aaea4c45601
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24229
Gerrit-PatchSet: 1
Gerrit-Owner: Stamatis Zampetakis <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Stamatis Zampetakis <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Steve Carlin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Fri, 29 May 2026 13:11:06 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to