Peter Rozsa has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24521 )

Change subject: IMPALA-15052: Add read support for unshredded VARIANT values
......................................................................


Patch Set 6: Code-Review+1

(3 comments)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24521/5/be/src/exec/parquet/hdfs-parquet-scanner.cc
File be/src/exec/parquet/hdfs-parquet-scanner.cc:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24521/5/be/src/exec/parquet/hdfs-parquet-scanner.cc@2963
PS5, Line 2963: IsVariantType
> I rather defer it for now as STRUCT and VARIANT only partially overlap, hen
Okay, let's go with the current approach, but major compound type unification 
should be on the horizon.


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24521/5/be/src/runtime/types.cc
File be/src/runtime/types.cc:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24521/5/be/src/runtime/types.cc@104
PS5, Line 104: void ColumnType::DCheckVariantShape() const {
> We have other DCheck* methods as well in the codebase. I think it expresses
Ack


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24521/5/tests/query_test/test_iceberg.py
File tests/query_test/test_iceberg.py:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24521/5/tests/query_test/test_iceberg.py@2366
PS5, Line 2366: 19
> I just picked a small prime number that is less than the number of rows in
Ack



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24521
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: Ie2f8a7c9b1d4e5f6a0c3b8d7e9f1a2b4c6d8e0f1
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24521
Gerrit-PatchSet: 6
Gerrit-Owner: Zoltan Borok-Nagy <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Balazs Hevele <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Csaba Ringhofer <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Noemi Pap-Takacs <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Peter Rozsa <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Zoltan Borok-Nagy <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2026 14:32:07 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to