Michael Smith has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24851 )

Change subject: KUDU-3804: Fix symbol hiding for protobuf well-known types
......................................................................


Patch Set 1:

(3 comments)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24851/1//COMMIT_MSG
Commit Message:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24851/1//COMMIT_MSG@22
PS1, Line 22: This was harmless while the client's bundled protobuf matched the 
host
            : application's protobuf version, but after bumping protobuf to 
3.21.9 for
            : GCC-15 support (KUDU-3803)
> I'm not sure this makes sense to me.  The updates made in the context of KU
That's fair, some incorrect assumptions went into this. Impala has been using 
879a8f9e2, which appears to include protobuf 3.21.9. I'm not entirely sure why 
I started to run into issues after trying to build against latest master; I'd 
get errors like

    Sep 15 07:32:38 localhost kernel: [  785.208989] statestored[36994]: 
segfault at 260000 ip 00007f301044bbcd sp 00007ffe5842eaa0 error 4 in 
libkudu_client.so.0.1.0[7f300fe72000+688000] likely on CPU 4 (core 8, socket 0)

trying to start impala binaries. This patch against Kudu fixed it; I'm still 
working through trying to upgrade protobuf in Impala to see if that would work.


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24851/1/src/kudu/client/symbols.map
File src/kudu/client/symbols.map:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24851/1/src/kudu/client/symbols.map@37
PS1, Line 37:     descriptor_table_google_2fprotobuf_2f*;
> So, where does this belong?  Why is this here and under C++ section as well
Good question. I can try to clean this up.


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24851/1/src/kudu/client/symbols.map@48
PS1, Line 48:       *google::protobuf::MapKey*;
> Isn't this covered already by pattern at line 41?
Ack



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24851
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: kudu
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: I64f88bbfab6a709ae31fb18ed97cfc58cb8b647d
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24851
Gerrit-PatchSet: 1
Gerrit-Owner: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Abhishek Chennaka <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Alexey Serbin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Ashwani Raina <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Kudu Jenkins (120)
Gerrit-Reviewer: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2026 17:52:27 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to