On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Michael Redinger wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Lance Davis wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Michael Redinger wrote:
> >
> > > Just found that I am wrong anyway - it is not only IBMJava2-(*JRE|SDK) but
> > > also netscape-(common|communicator|navigator).
> >
> > oops - what is the license on that ???
>
> "Licensee may not (...) redistribute, encumber, sell, rent,
> lease, sublicense, or otherwise transfer rights to the Product".
>
> Hm, that is the same license as for the netscape packages in RHAT 7.2.
> So it might be redistributable anyway ...

Weird ...

> RHES does not include redhat-artwork.
> What is now anaconda-images is still included in the main anaconda package.

shouldnt be a problem ... I guess there may be quite a few things about
anaconda that people would want changing ...

> > Why not setup a sourceforge project area (redhell ?? )  where necessary
> > bits like this can go ???
>
> Good idea. I suppose you are volunteering? :)

Ok - I've applied - but expect to get rejected at least once :)

> However, the name should be completely different from "Red Hat".
> See the guidelines:
>
> "You may not use "Red Hat" or any confusingly similar mark as a trademark for
> your product.
> (...)
> As a result, you may not use the words "Red Hat" (together or individually),
> words with similar connotations or pronunciations, translations of those words,
> or other words that may cause confusion in the market as a trademark for your
> products."
>
> I do not have an idea how to call it ...
> Maybe "Free Enterprise Level Linux" (FELL) :)

I;ve requested REPEL, which stands for re-packaged enterprise linux :)

> My personal favorite is still "SEP Linux". But if you do not like
> "The HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy", this makes absolutely no sense ... :)

I like it, but I dont think its a distro in its own right - or is it ???

Regards
Lance

--
uklinux.net - The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.