On Monday, Nov 10, 2003, at 20:11 Europe/London, Chris Hedemark wrote:

Jake,

You might want to check that not only your comps file is good, but you
also will need to rebuild your hdlist files.

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Jake Stride wrote:

I thought I was going to be able to install RHEL today after building
the RPMs, but it seems that fate is against me.

I booted the machine to take RHEL via a network install and it went
through the partitioning and Grub setup ok it them bombed out with the
error message: The machine you are trying to install on is not
supported by this version of RHEL.

Just before the machine rebooted, I managed to see a lot of errors
saying that none of the packages/package groups could be found.

Is this a problem with comps.xml?

I have tried to follow the old howto, and the posts on the mailing list
and I was hopeful that it would work - but not so - has anyone else had
problems with this, I copied the comps.xml from taroon, but couldn't
the /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/check-repository.py as it issued a lot
of error messages.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

THanks

Jake

rhel-rebuild mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hosted at the University of Innsbruck, Austria

OK it seems I have a few packages missing that I haven't built, I can fix those except for the kernel packages. I have rebuilt the kernel-source RPMs etc, but don't actually end up with a kernel, apart from kernel-BOOT, am i missing something, or have I forgotton something elementry?