On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 12:19:13PM -0800, Erik A. Espinoza alleged:
> Anyone have any good tips on building the Opteron version? Is anyone
> having issues with the AMD64 build regarding linking to the popt
> library?

I've completed my build... but haven't been able to successfully install
it yet (network, not ISO).  The installer either locks up while
installing the dev package, or during the bootloader setup.

I'm still looking into it.

> Should I be copying the 32 bit versions of things from whitebox or some
> other x86 rebuild?

The 32bit packages can't be built on your opteron box, they must be
copied over from a 32bit build machine.  I departed from RH here,
instead of copying over the 32bit rpms, I've rebuilt them with different
names and dropping the conflicting files... so that I don't end up with
conflicting packages installed.

University of Southern California