I need a driver for my Promise 20376 SATA based RAID card and try to
compile it for use during install of RHEL.

I downloaded the promise driver source tarball and compiled it on another
(already running) RHEL 3.0 system.

When I try to use that driver during a new install I get an error
message however. I cannot insmod the module during install because it complains
that the module was compiled for kernel version 2.4.21-4.EL and the
current kernel is 2.4.21-4.ELBOOT.

Is there a way to build a module without a kernel version included in the
module or (buyt not preferred) to build the module for that specific
ELBOOT kernel?

rhel-rebuild mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hosted at the University of Innsbruck, Austria