On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 10:09, Donofrio, Lewis wrote:
> Is this list still going?

The list still exists apparently, but unfortunately it's not being used.

Maybe to spur usage, I'll mention that the bind packages shipped in
RHEL3 u3 break bind-chroot servers; you have to rename some .rpmsave
files and edit the /etc/sysconfig/named file.  For Tao Linux, Milan
Kerslager fixed the spec file, so we shipped a working bind that's the
same binary version as RHEL3, but with fixed scripts.  Here it is:
http://dist.taolinux.org/tao-1.0-SRPMS/bind-9.2.4-EL3_10.TL1.src.rpm

Also, there has been talk of the various rebuild projects working more
closely; I'd think a neutral list such as this would be a good forum for
that sort of thing.  For instance, I wonder if anyone has a really good
hand on the anaconda trademark issues - i.e., a really simple way to
issue new versions of anaconda customized to the distro.

regards,
        David