Once upon a time, Srija <swap_proj...@yahoo.com> said:
> The host is  RHEL5.4 , It has 3 ports.
>
>     1.  eth0 is associated to private ip. as this host in in cluster
>
>     2.  eth4 is associated to the public network, on which the host is
>         built
>
>     3.  eth5 is associated to vlan, on which the trunk is being configured
>         with three sub nets, lets say
>
>           a.b.11.d
>           a.b.20.d
>           a.b.40.d
>
>     4.  What I am trying to do, that this host will be a xen host
>         and , I want to build the guests on the mentioned  sub nets on
>         this host.
>
>     5.  Up to 3, I have already configured and I can ping the host
>         on the above  three sub nets from outside.
>
>     6.  When I built a guest , on one of the sub net, that guest I can't
>         ping  from the outside world , even can't  ping
>         from the host itself on which it is built.
>
>     7.  I have configured the guest with the gateway of the host.
>
>  I need help for configuring  the guests,  and it should be accessible from
>  outside world.

If I understand correctly, I have a similar setup.  I have a VLAN trunk
into one port on a Xen host.  I set up the VLAN interfaces on the host,
and then bridge the VLAN interfaces into the correct guest.  The host
doesn't even have an IP on some of the VLANs.

Here is my setup on that server:

ifcfg-eth2:
  DEVICE=eth2
  BOOTPROTO=none
  HWADDR=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
  ONBOOT=yes

ifcfg-eth2.20:
  DEVICE=eth2.20
  VLAN=yes
  BOOTPROTO=static
  ONBOOT=yes
  IPADDR=aa.bb.cc.dd
  NETMASK=255.255.255.0

ifcfg-eth2.30:
  DEVICE=eth2.30
  VLAN=yes
  BOOTPROTO=static
  ONBOOT=yes
  REORDER_HDR=yes

I found I had to have REORDER_HDR on the non-IPed VLAN for something to
work (but I don't remember what right now).

I then have /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge-hiwaay:

   #!/bin/bash

   set -e
   script="${0%-hiwaay}"
   $script "$@" vifnum=0 bridge=xenbr0 netdev=eth0
   $script "$@" vifnum=1 bridge=xenbr1 netdev=eth1
   $script "$@" vifnum=2 bridge=xenbr2 netdev=eth2.20
   $script "$@" vifnum=3 bridge=xenbr3 netdev=eth2.30

to set up the Xen bridge interfaces; I set this up in
/etc/xen/xend-config.sxp with:

   (network-script network-bridge-hiwaay)

The guest config for VLAN 30 then references xebnr3.

I don't know that this is the "correct" way, but it works for me. :-)

--
Chris Adams <cmad...@hiwaay.net>