Dear all,

since yesterday's update we're seeing stability problems with a kvm guest. The guest crashes after 4 to 8 hours of running. It is a Web/DNS/Postfix server without much disk i/o.

Sys:
Host + Guest RHEL5.8 x86_64

The guest is running with these options; virtio for disk and nic:

/usr/libexec/qemu-kvm -m 1024 -boot c -k de \
                -daemonize \
                -drive file=/dev/sdc1,if=virtio,index=0,boot=on \
                -drive file=/dev/mapper/VG00-   LVvm2swap,if=virtio,index=1 \
                -net nic,vlan=0,macaddr=xxx,model=virtio \
                -net nic,vlan=1,macaddr=xxx,model=virtio \

Sadly I only have the vnc console output of the guest; we're getting tasks blocked for 120s in httpd and postfix and obviously complete ceasing of disk io.
The kvm host does not show problems in kernel log.

Anybody seeing the same problems?

With very limited testing it seems:

host / guest

2.6.18-308 / 2.6.18-308 crash